Saturday, September 8, 2012

On Waterfalls, Writing, and Wishing for a Cure

So I owe you guys a blogpost. I'm finally settled into my new apartment, which almost didn't happen but that's another blogpost. All I'm saying is thank goodness for my current roommate who moved in at the last minute and who is definitely awesome. If she chose to live with me, all the power to her, right?
Even though I have a couple topics in mind for posts, I think I'll make this a personal post and save those for a another time.
Last weekend, I drove to Letchworth State Park to meet my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, Grandma and her boyfriend for a picnic lunch. It was absolutely fabulous. If any of you live in Upstate New York and haven't been yet, you're missing out. Take your little butt there during these last few weeks of warm weather! After lunch, we hiked a short but steep path (So. Many. Stairs.) and got a pretty incredible view of a giant waterfall. I drove the whole way in my cute little new (new to me) car.

Pretty cool, huh?

That was Saturday and I spent the rest of the weekend at my aunt and uncles house, just hanging out with my cousin. If you guys remember, I am co-writing a novel with her (Check out her blog here!). It's pretty cool to be writing a novel with your best friend. 
Wish I could say that's the craziest thing we do when we're together but um....then we wouldn't be very exciting, would we? The two of us usually come up with some pretty wacky ideas for fun and though I'm not going to tell you exactly what we did last weekend (I don't have her permission to post that online), let's say we got a little carried away playing dress up.

Yeah, that's a graveyard. And real roses. And we're wearing black veils. No, it's not as morbid as you're thinking. 

News from my writing world: I've been working on a novel for about seven months and this week I made the executive decision to put it aside. I always have two or three projects going on at the same time and there was one I decided needed most of my attention. I've already written the ending and though it's just the first draft, it was the most heart-wrenching and poignant thing I've ever created. I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully, in the coming months I can share more details with you but for now, that's all you get ;)
One more thing before I wrap this up. I know you guys know how much I adore Taylor Swift and her music. Most of you also have probably heard that she has a new album coming out in October. Or maybe you didn't know that but now you do. No matter. I'm not here to promote that album but a certain song Taylor sang on TV last night. It's called Ronan and it's about a true-life little boy who died of Neuroblastoma (cancer) when he was just four years old. It's an absolutely heart breaking song and the lyrics (which Taylor wrote) are stunning. Even if you're not a parent, you'll probably cry listening to it. If you so fancy, go buy the song on iTunes; 100% OF THE PROCEEDS go to a cancer charity. A lot of you don't like Taylor Swift but please give this song a chance. In memory of a little boy who was taken from this world way too soon.


That's all for this week. I know it's not a very exciting blog to read about but sometime in the near future, I'll actually post about some interesting points. As for now, the end of Apollo 13 is on. Excuse me while I go watch Tom Hanks kick some ass in a spaceship.

~M. T. Rossi

2 comments:

  1. Marie, you are such a talented writer! What a pleasure to read! I don't know if you are aware but I cowrote a novel with my mom. The best experience -- we had a blast together. I loved that our writing was seamless and we had a subject to talk about beyond kids. God bless! Have a good semester, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete