Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sorry Not Sorry

This poor, poor blog. It's just as neglected as that plant my uncle gave me freshman year of college that I successfully killed within a week, despite putting it in the sunlight (Yes, I know now water is kinda important in keeping things alive). It's not that I haven't come up with any blog ideas, I have. Want to hear them?
Well, there was the one where I was going to write about my hopes and dreams as a child and how they got me to where I am today. Except where I am is sitting in bed trying not to think about the chocolate downstairs. If I had known my hopes and dreams would come to this, I think I would have done it a smidge differently.
After that idea, I went with writing a blog about BookExpoAmerica (BEA) which I got to go to this year thanks to an awesome friend who runs this business for writers: Astral Road Media. Which some of you might be interested in and some of you may not. BEA was one of the best days of my life. Literally. There are no words to explain the emotions that took over when I stepped into that convention hall. One specific reason why is the minute I walked in (within the very minute) I spotted John Green standing in front of me, chatting casually with some guy with a camcorder. So I took this:


Later, I got to meet and speak with Mr. Green and we took this:



I was shaking so badly, I look like I'm about to faint, I know. That or I've recently been drugged. I also got to help with an interview concerning Libba Bray and she signed my advance copy of her new book The Diviners which also had my heart going into fangirl spasms. Chris Colfer made an appearance and although I did not wait in the three hour line to meet him, I casually walked by his booth many times and noticed that while he is famous, his hair is very badly highlighted.
But that's really all there is to say about BEA unless you'd like to hear of my million mile walk from BEA to subway to Apartment to subway to Port Authority carrying forty books. If you so desire to hear this tale, you can email me because I would not subject anyone else to that rant.
Then I was going to write about my recent vacation which was one of the most incredible things in my life (which, isn't really saying anything since incredible is the most overused word in my vocabulary and so you probably wouldn't find it that interesting). But, if by chance you are for some reason interested in how I spent my last week without a phone, internet or TV, go here: Every Writer's Dream Vacation (Just a Nice Lake). This is me water-skiing (Usually I"m on one ski but medical issues kept me on two this year. Just as thrilling though!):





In other news:

  •  A close family member was injured pretty badly and came to live with us for a few weeks so that turned my summer upside down (we all know how I am with change). 
  • I'm still working on two separate novels, one co-written with my wonderful co-author whose blog you should check out here: The Words Between the Lines. Said co-author might be coming to visit soon and I'm sure antics will ensue. Keep your police scanners at the ready. 
  • I'm working at a local deli which takes up some time but with what time is left, I like to sit by the pool and read and drink rum nice cool glasses of water. Happy Summer everyone!



So really, I'm sorry that this blog has been neglected for whoever is reading it but I'm also not sorry because I'm been busy living my life and enjoying being alive. And if there's one thing I've learned in my short lifetime, it's to catch the good moments while you can before they fly by. I hope that's what you all are doing also. Cheers.

~M.T.Rossi







No comments:

Post a Comment